Often asked about a residence permit "How can I get a residence permit?" "Questionable residence permit?" “Payment for a residence permit? "Types of residence permits?" "Application for the transition to a residence permit?" Below we have collected answers to the most frequently asked questions for you.
Residence permit or Ikamet is the identity card of a foreigner residing in Turkey. In a simple way, a residence permit, which is required if you stay in the country for more than 3 months, for example, using an apartment rental in Turkey. Ikamet is a plastic card that is issued for 6 months, 1 year or 2 years when extending a tourist visa. The specific period of validity of ikamet is determined by state services. It is quite easy to get it - the reason can be simple tourism, study, work and real estate purchase; marriage with a Turkish citizen and stay on a yacht in the waters of the country, etc.
An application for ikamet is submitted online on the website of the General Directorate of the Migration Service of Turkey (https://e-ikamet.goc.gov.tr/). When the electronic application is completed, you must choose a convenient day for the rendezvous, for which you must bring a ready-made set of documents. You also need to save and print the application.
In order to get the simplest tourist ikamet, you will need the following documents:
• Printed statement;
• Receipt of payment, application for ikamet;
• Color copy and original of the passport;
• 4 biometric photos;
• An apartment rental agreement or documents on the purchase of real estate in Turkey - with a notarized power of attorney;
• Turkish medical insurance for a year of stay - Russian will not work. To register for insurance, you need a tax number (drawn up in the tax service with a passport);
• Confirmation of solvency for a year of stay - in accordance with the law, this is an extract from a Turkish bank on the existence of an account with a positive balance, based on approximately $ 500 per month. But the fact is that Turkish banks do not open accounts for foreigners without ikamet, so an extract from the exchanger for the required amount is often enough.
At the chosen time, you must appear with a rendezvous with prepared documents. After the rendezvous, the migration service will decide the issue of issuing a residence permit. The wait for a decision usually lasts from two weeks to three months. If the decision is positive, the ikamet will be delivered to your home at the address indicated in the application form.
The cost of the first ikamet starts from about $ 250. The renewal is much cheaper and has been in effect for a year. Thus, the amount required to obtain a residence permit in Turkey for 1 year for a family of 4 people, including translation services, will be about $ 1000.